Monday, October 28, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

Creating the canvas was a little challenging for me as I have never used the “play” website before. However, creating the canvas is very self-explanatory after looking around the different widgets on the side bar. It is a great way to lay out a unit plan, because it identifies each section well. Students and other colleagues would be able to understand how the unit is going to be planned out by looking at each widget and noticing what is going to be taught and how it will be taught. 

The unit I chose for this assignment is 8th grade statistics and probability. The lesson I had used in Interactivity #3 touched base on functions as well as statistics and probability. However, for this unit I decided to focus on statistics and probability. I find this topic interesting because students can relate it to their own lives. There are many examples that we, as math teachers, can bring into the classroom and use as a resource to explain this unit. Students are not only learning the different concepts of finding probability but can use it in their own lives outside of the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment