Monday, November 11, 2013

Collaboration Canvas

When I first read the task for the interactivity I thought it would be easy to remix the canvas, since I had already created my own. However, once I began working on the remix it became a little difficult. I could not understand some of the formatting things on the canvas itself. I also found it a little difficult to collaborate math with another content area’s unit plan. Once I reviewed a few of the canvases I was able to decide on one to remix and had a plan on how I would incorporate math into it.

The canvas I chose was the Earthquake unit plan. I first looked at the grade level it was aimed for so I knew what math standards I needed to incorporate. In this case, it was 8th grade. I reviewed the standards and designed my remix canvas according to that. For my content area I added the idea of creating scatter plots and analyzing those graphs to determine slope and intercept. In my gallery I included photos of scatter plots so students can see examples. The video serves as another tool for students to refer to when creating their own scatter plot. I did not remove anything from the original content, because it all seemed valuable to keep with my content.


No comments:

Post a Comment